Header Ads

Join Our WhatsApp Group

9jaflaver music of the week

Singer Sheyi Shey Reveals His Mother’s Last Message To Her Before She Died


Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua, best known as
Seyi Shay, is talking about her childhood and
so much more that has contributed to making
her who she is today.

The singer most importantly, shared her
mother’s last message to her before she
passed away but it’s hardly what you would
expect from a Nigerian mum.

Seyi shared this during a recent interview with
Showtime Celebrity.

The “Yolo Yolo” singer who has made her
mark in the Nigerian Music industry expressed
sadness that her mother is not alive to
witness her success.

When asked how she felt about that, Seyi said,
“I just wish she could see everything I’m doing
now and see that I haven’t given up despite
the setbacks.

“I believe she will be proud of me.”
When asked if she would have been put under
any pressure to be married if her mother were
still alive, she responded, saying, “Yes, that’s
true but then she didn’t put too much pressure
on me for that. She told me before she died to
make sure I’ve done everything I want to do
before I get married and not to allow any man
to shatter my dream.”

Profound for a Nigerian mother right?
However, now we know why the singer could
hardly be bothered with getting married at this
point in time.

Seyi Shay is no Feminist.
Seyi Shay might be particular about being
successful in her field especially because she
is a woman but she wants you to know that it
does not make her a feminist.

In an interview with TheCable Lifestyle, Seyi
talked about feminism, charity and more.
When asked if she’s an advocate of female
empowerment, the ‘Murda’ singer said, “I’m
not a feminist, I just believe in the principles of
human rights so I fight for it”.

Seyi who is championing a cause and actively
works alongside United Nations women and
girl-child empowerment campaign explained
her passion.

“A friend in South Africa who was sourcing for
the project was interested in what I was doing
with my own charity- ‘A Ray of Hope’, that
focuses on less privileged children, women and
the ‘girl child’, and decided that I would be the
best candidate to represent Nigeria for this
global campaign.”

“I plan to continue to lend my voice and my
platform to similar causes. Most importantly I
want to set a great example for all young girls
out there.”

In a celebrity life filled with meetings, events,
travelling back and forth from place to place,
Seyi says she would be fulfilled if she had her
own family.

According to her, “Touching the lives of people
all over the world with my music, giving hope
and inspiration to my generation, living for
humanity and having my own family.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.