Header Ads

Join Our WhatsApp Group

9jaflaver music of the week

Drogba Joins Carrick In Announcing Retirement Plans

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba will be hanging his boots at the end of the season with Phoenix Rising.
The veteran striker from Ivory Coast will play the 2018 USL season with Phoenix Rising, but it will be his final season.
Michael Carrick announced his plans to retire at the end of this campaign, and Drogba who turned 40 on Sunday has announced age has caught up to him.
He told Telefoot: “It’s really a pleasure for me to play.
“I started late at the top level. I really enjoy playing. I like my role of owner-player a lot. I’m surrounded by a lot of youngsters, and I like passing my know-how on to them. But this season is the last. I’m 40, it’s time now.”
Drogba scored over 150 goals, won four Premier League titles and the UCL over two spells at Chelsea, joining from Marseille in 2004. He made his professional debut with Le Mans in 1998 at 20. And also turned out for Guingamp, Shanghai Shenhua, Galatasaray and Montreal Impact.
Drogba could also return to France with Marseille, with a non-playing gig offered to the legendary striker.
He added: “We’ll have to see what is offered. I’m always ready to help.
“In any case, Marseille are showing good things this year. Rudi Garcia’s project is taking shape, they’re building a team with young players. It’s excellent to stay in the top three with a team like that. As a fan, I have a lot of faith in them.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.