Header Ads

Join Our WhatsApp Group

9jaflaver music of the week

STORY TIME:LOVE ME AGAIN [Episode 4-7]

Love Me Again
By Loudest Thoughts
EPISODE 4
“After spending an eternity with that someone, there would still be the little stuffs you would need to learn about them over time”
This is how it has been after about 3years of us living together, I suddenly get offended over every little thing i used to laugh at when we were still newbies in our marriage, and I couldn’t help but conclude after 2years of tieing the knot, I out grew those feelings I had. Barbara and I dated for a year and got married in our second year and after the second year, I realized the love is replaced by hatred. So basically 3years of living together, I now think we weren’t meant to love each other. I didn’t think marriage was this much a baggage, you think you know someone well enough to spend your whole life with, but then there are little things you might get to adjust to later
Later in the evening, while driving back home I kept asking myself why I am so furious over just a little thing.
Was it because it’s becoming a pattern or because I felt she was never like that and might become a problem when we finally start having kids. Yes! Kids, we’ve been trying since we got married.
We planned on adopting but wanted to give it a little time. By the time I realized I was home, instantly greeted by my wife. Darling welcome, how was your day.
I replied fine. She quickly dropped my suit and bag. Rushed to the kitchen to get the dinner table laid whiles I sat there watching TV. Darling food is ready. She knows I like to eat before taking my bath.
We sat to eat and just for her to keep starring at her food.
I ignored once more, and rushed down to the washroom to throw up Barbara what is that! I fumed, she came rushing to the room.
Clyde what is it, are you okay Are you asking me? Ask the food you cooked.
Clyde am sorry, I just…. You just what huh I dashed out and luckily I was still in my work attire, I took my car keys and left. I went to a restaurant closer to our house and ordered eba and agushie stew, as I was eating I thought to myself; Barbara is a good cook, never has she cooked such a food for me. Though I would admit we’ve been having some issues for the past year regarding our feelings for each other, where we barely talked anymore, she knows I don’t joke with my food. I can’t remember the last time I touched my wife, though she always seemed not to be bothered, I just prayed it wouldn’t come to the time where I had to resort eating outside or beating her up.
But today it has! Well she might have been tired or something is bothering her. I saw her stare at the food during dinner.
She gets that way when she has something bothering her. At least I know her to that extent. And I always end up being the one to find out everytiime. I hope she is feeling okay, I asked myself, Aaah Clyde what do you even care.
Yes what do I care, but then it got to a point I get worried when she’s not looking cheerful I hurriedly ate and drove home, I saw Barbara sleeping on the couch There and then I knew she was hurting, old feelings came rushing back in I quickly remembered when we were in love and decided to get married What happened for me to suddenly feel am falling out of love with my wife. I carried her upstairs, one thing about Babs is she is cute and easy to carry, While on the way she clinched to my shoulder and slept off I was awoke half of the night starring at her while she slept peacefully beside me. I felt some adrenaline rushing through my body while I runned my hand through her silky hair that once our happy days makes me droll all over her. I then cast my mind back to what once was love now hatred.
EPISODE 5
*“Trust is like a pencil, when the edge gets broken, you can sharpen it to a point, but once it gets to the extreme where there is nothing left to sharpen; you lose everything or you tell yourself I got to keep trusting”*
I remember I came home one evening and I yelled!
Me: Babs where were you today Babs: Darling I have been home doing your laundry all day Me: Are you lieing to me right now
Babs: For Christ’s sake Clyde, have I ever lied to you? And where is this coming from
Me: I saw you at Mr. Biggs today with Dr. Livie, your gynecologist. Me: how many times have I warned you not to see him again, not as a friend or your gynaeo?
Me: Answer me Babs, Come here! I dragged Barbara by her hair to my face
Babs: Clyde you are hurting me, besides I already told you I was not out today, neither do I have anything doing with Livie. Ask Mrs Ibe nextdoor, she was doing laundry outside as well
Me: Oh you guys are now on an informal name basis
Babs: You are reacting for no reason, call Livie and ask him when was the last time he saw me and Clyde what point of I love you and you are my husband so I see no other man do you not understand. Every day you seem to have all sort of allegations about Livie and me, to the point of changing my number. What’s wrong with you? Is this what I travelled so many miles for? Am pretty sure this is not only about Livie anymore. Until you are ready to tell me what it is about, I will be waiting but for now do what pleases you. I am fully aware, am still so much in love with my husband, his grunts, and sense of jealousy these days I must admit make me feel I am losing him slowly but I also knew I have to let it be. Time will reveal and heal everything
Me: Are you talking to me like that. We exchanged words for a while and I ended up not eating that evening and I took over the guest room for a week.
EPISODE 6
“Egos are deal breakers, don’t carry them with you everywhere”
In the second week, i heard a knock on my door in the middle of the night and it was Barbara
Babs: Clyde please open the door
Me: What do you want, am not in the mood for s*x. We can talk in the morning.
Babs: Look am sorry about what happened out there last week, I shouldn’t have spoken to you that way.
And I want you to know I love you so much and if I had to cut off my male friends because of you I will. Besides I did the last time you saw us over a friendly dinner, just to save my marriage. That was the last i saw or heard of Livie, so whoever you saw with him recently wasn’t me.
I kept quiet for a long time and since I wasn’t hearing her voice anymore i assumed she had left.
I made it a point to avoid her that morning like i have been doing for the past week, hence skipping breakfast
From then, we were always at each other’s throat, well basically I was always at her throat. I do eat what she cooks, but we barely communicated.
I then decided to move back in our bedroom when my mum informed me she was coming over but couldn’t make it
I know my mum wouldn’t hesitate to take my side when she comes
My mum, Mrs Obi is the best mum ever, not because she takes my side but even as the only son she knows how and when to rebuke me
EPISODE 7
FAST FORWARD TO PRESENT
“Appreciate even the worse character of your partner, don’t try to change it you might lose them, its better you point it out sometimes”
It was Saturday so I knew she might oversleep like she does these days, but was surprised to wake up and Barbara was not beside me, i thought I was watching over her when I carried her in last night, Did I sleep off, how?
I asked myself I walked down to the sitting room and looked all over and there was no sign of my wife, My eyes caught food on the table, then I remembered yesterday’s experience, I decided to ignore I went to meet Ibweke my gateman and asked the whereabouts of my wife, he said she saw her going out
Her car was parked in the garage, Close to an hour she entered, the room
Babs: Good morning I hope you saw your food
Me: Yeah, but I didn’t touch it, you can eat yourself
Babs: sorry about last night, today is better, should I come feed you Darl…
Me: I quickly cut her off before she could finish, Babs I need no drama this early morning
Babs: sorry, she walked away in what seems like tears I wished I could console her, but that hatred part of me was holding me back. The day was uneventful, Babs was in doors throughout until I heard a knock on my door while I was trying to take a nap in the sitting room. I opened just to see who it was then my demeanor changed
Dr Livie: Hello Clyde
Me: I stood at the door for some time and he asked aren’t you going to let me in,
Then I heard my wife’s footstep coming down I stepped aside for him to enter and gave a fake smile
Then my wife came down to meet us, he made way to go hug Babs, And I interrupted saying come on let’s sit here,
Babs see to our guest. He followed me to the sitting area, we exchanged pleasantries Babs brought him water and a drink, I gave her a look that would have given her a heart attack if not for the fact that she understood me She sat down beside me, then I asked her to get me a drink myself Just to avoid her seeing Livie
Me: what brings you here today, been a while
Dr Livie: Can’t I visit my friends and my patient anymore
Me: yes you can, that was sarcastic, I meant is everything okay since you’ve never been to our house before. How did you even know our house address. Hope it wasn’t difficult to locate.
I asked just to satisfy my own curiosity
Dr Livie: Oh how! I have been here on two occasions, but always met your absence. It seems I always come at the wrong time.
But then, haven’t seen you guys in a while, Barbara hasn’t been to any of her appointments and she keeps ignoring my calls. Wanted to find out if everything is alright
Just when he mentioned why he was there,
Babs came in with the drink and made a gesture to talk but I interrupted
Me: emmmmmmm, we are around just that…….. I was cut short by Barbara
I was so furious within me when I heard he was here in my absence,
Then I kept playing some drama’s in my head, what could they have done. OMG!!! Babs you have killed me, I thought
Babs: I travelled somewhere with my husband for some time,I did see your calls and I definitely planned on returning them, but then wanted to do that when I get back I was impressed what a perfect lie my wife has told, I wasn’t sure if Dr. Livie believed but he left after some few minutes on an emergency call he had.
Then I became worried, does he have my wife’s new number, When did he call, was it after or before I changed her line? Immediately he left, I saw him to his car, when I got back, I saw Barbara waiting with folded arms behind the door
To be continued

No comments

Powered by Blogger.